Mediterranean Orzo and Vegetable Pilaf
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting any salt or fat. Drain; keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and broth to skillet. Reduce heat; simmer about 5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add orzo, artichokes, salt and pepper to skillet. Cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through. Sprinkle each serving with feta cheese.