Mediterranean Tuna Sandwiches
- 1 (12-ounce) can solid white tuna, packed water, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise or mayonnaise made with olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 4 pieces romaine lettuce
- Combine tuna, onion, mayonnaise, olives, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper in large bowl until combined.
- Top each of four slices of bread with tomato slice and lettuce leaf. Spoon ¼ of the tuna salad onto each half. Top with remaining bread slices.
Makes 4 servings or 1 whole sandwich per person.