Mini Cheese Ball Appetizers
- 2 tablespoons butter or no-trans at margarine, room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated 2% cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crushed nuts – almonds, pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion or parsley
- 15 pretzel sticks
- In medium bowl place butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and ground pepper. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined and smooth.
- Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Use a spoon to divide the mixture into 15 tablespoon-size portions. Dip your clean hands in a little bit of water and smooth each portion into a small ball. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or as long as you want to in advance).
- Before serving, roll the balls in cranberries, nuts, parsley or green onion. Place a pretzel stick in each. Serve immediately.
- Note: The cheese balls can be made a day in advance. Make them as instructed, but don't add the pretzels until just before serving.