Mini Cornbread Muffins
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup stone ground cornmeal
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cholesterol-free substitutes or 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 18 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Mix together in large bowl the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In medium bowl whisk egg substitute, oil and milk. Add to flour mixture; stir until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into mini muffin tins. Bake 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let sit in muffin tins for 5 minutes before taking out and placing on cooling rack.