Moist Apple Bread
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup natural applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon apple pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped apples, peeled and finely diced
- ½ cup finely chopped nuts – pecans, walnuts, etc.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray; lightly dust with flour.
- In bowl cream stir together the sugar, oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla.
- In medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pie spice and salt. Add to the liquid mixture and stir to combine. Add apples and nuts; stir until combined. Pour into the loaf pan.
- In another small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan; cool on cooling rack completely before slicing.
- Store extra bread in airtight container.