Oatmeal Pancakes with Bananas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup uncooked quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 1 small banana, thinly sliced
- In mixing bowl whisk together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together milk, eggs, applesauce, oil and vanilla extract. Pour into the flour mixture and gently stir just until moistened. Do not overmix or the pancakes will be tough.
- Lightly spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Pour batter onto the skillet to make 4 pancakes. Slice bananas onto the top of the batter. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until there are bubbles on the top. Turn pancakes over. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Makes 8 pancakes.
- Serve pancakes with syrup.