- 10-12 slices rustic whole wheat bread
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pitted imported green or black olives
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet, brush the tops with olive oil, and bake for about 6 minutes per side, until lightly toasted.
- Combine the olives, garlic, lemon juice, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a food processor and blend to form a smooth paste. Spread the mixture on the toasts.
Makes 6 servings.