Orange Chicken Stir Fry over Quinoa
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 8 ounces snow peas, ends trimmed
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken strips; cook for 4 minutes or until centers no longer pink. Remove from the skillet.
- Place water and quinoa in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer; cover and cook until all water is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- Whisk together cornstarch, broth, orange juice and soy sauce; add to skillet Bring to a simmer.
- Add ginger and onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add carrots and snow peas. Simmer for 3 minutes until crisp-tender. Add chicken and heat for 1 minute. Let stand 3 minutes to set in the flavors.
- Serve chicken mixture over quinoa.
Makes 4 servings.