- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt-free spicy seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 (4-ounce) catfish fillets
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In shallow bowl or pie plate stir together cornmeal, flour, seasoning blend, paprika, onion and garlic powders and pepper.
- In another shallow bowl or pie plate stir together the buttermilk and lemon juice
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Dip each fish fillet in the buttermilk mixture first, coating both sides. Then dredge in cornmeal mixture, covering completely Place on baking sheet. Lightly spray the top of the fish with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the fish is golden brown and flaky. Serve with tartar sauce.