Remembering to prepare these oats before bed may not be easy, but you'll love waking up to a pre-made breakfast. Pour one cup of nonfat milk over 2/3 cup rolled oats and stir in 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge overnight. In the morning, add 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts and a small apple (chopped).
- 1 cup nonfat, almond or soy milk
- 2/3 cup dry oats
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Toppers: sliced or chopped nuts, fresh fruit slices (apples, peaches, nectarines) or berries, nut butter
- In large bowl stir together milk, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover with lid or wrap. Place in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, place oatmeal in microwave to warm up. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until the oatmeal is at the desired temperature.
- Remove from microwave. Add desired toppings. Thin out with additional milk if needed.