Polenta Slices with Tomato-Black Bean Salsa
- ½ (8-ounce) package prepared polenta
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups chopped fresh plums tomatoes
- 2/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut polenta into ¼ inch thick slices. Lightly coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Place polenta slices in single layer in baking dish. Lightly coat the top of the slices with cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl stir together tomatoes, beans, basil and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Arrange polenta slices on serving plates. Spoon tomato-bean mixture on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 2 servings.