Potato and Leek Soup
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion or ¼ cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 small leek, white part only, cut into ¼ -inch slices
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 small carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups 1% milk
- ½ lb. turkey sausage, cut into ¼-inch slices or crumbled
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried chives
- In large saucepan stir together broth, potatoes, onions, leeks, celery and carrots. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove ½ cup of potato mixture and blend in blender (or use an immersion blender). Return blended mixture to the pot.
- In small pan, brown the sausage.
- Add milk and cooked sausage to the potato soup. Stir together. Heat gently; do not boil. Makes 4 servings.