- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- Whole-grain crackers
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add eggplant, onion, green pepper, 3 tablespoons parsley, garlic, lemon juice, sugar and Italian seasoning. Heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato. Simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Spoon into serving bowl Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- Serve immediately with crackers or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 3½ cups.