Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 large garlic head
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) chick peas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 3 drops dark sesame oil
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Prepare roasted garlic: cut off one-third of 1 large garlic head to expose the cloves. Discard the top. Place head of garlic, trimmed end up, on square of foil. Rub garlic generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Gather foil ends together and close tightly. Roast in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until cloves are golden and soft. When cool, squeeze roasted garlic cloves from skin; discard the skins.
- Place chick peas, parsley, 2 tablespoons roasted garlic, lemon juice, water, curry powder, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce in food processor or blender. Process until smooth, scraping down side of bowl once.
- Serve with assorted raw vegetables or whole-grain pita chips.