Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 1 green or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white, Vidalia or other sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups packed baby spinach, stemmed and torn
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine bell pepper, tomatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms, olive, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, oil, oregano and black pepper in large bowl. Toss evenly to coat.
- Spread vegetables in an even layer on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove from oven. Toss with remaining lemon juice and sugar. Serve warm over spinach.
Makes 2 servings.