Salmon and Wild Rice Chowder
- 1 teaspoon butter-oil blend
- 4 spring green onions, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup small tender green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ teaspoons minced fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups low-sodium, vegetable broth
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 12 ounces skinless salmon fillet, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup fat-free half-and-half cream
- Melt butter blend in large saucepan over high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and green beans; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in dill, salt and black pepper. Pour into broth; bring to a simmer.
- Add wild rice and salmon to saucepan. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 6-8 minutes or until salmon flakes easily.
- Place flour in small bowl. Slowly whisk in half-and-half. Stir into saucepan. Cook until heated through. Makes 8 servings.