Sautéed Apple Slices
- 2 small apples
- 1 teaspoon butter or no-trans-fat spread
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cut apples into quarters. Core each quarter and cut into ½ -inch thick slices.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add apples; cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cider, brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; pour over the apples. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the apples are tender and the sauce is thickened.
- Transfer to small dishes; top with walnuts.
Makes 2 servings.