- 4 ounces uncooked thin whole-grain spaghetti
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (14½-ounce) diced no-salt-added tomatoes
- 1½ cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse well under cold water until cool; drain well.
- Beat egg, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning lightly in medium bowl. Add spaghetti; blend well. Coat a deep 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Place spaghetti mixture in pie plate. Press onto bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Spread ricotta cheese over the spaghetti layer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine turkey, chili powder, fennel seeds, pepper and coriander in medium bowl. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Brown turkey mixture until turkey is no longer pink, stirring to break up meat. Add remaining ingredients except mozzarella cheese. Cook and stir until mixture boils. Spoon mixture over ricotta cheese in pie plate.
- Cover pie plate with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Makes 6 servings.
Note: This can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Bake in 325 degree oven.