Spiced Pecan, Apple and Feta Cheese Salad
- 3 Tbsp. butter or no-trans-fat soft margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1 2/3 cups pecan halves
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 red apple, unpeeled and chopped
- 8 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- For spiced pecans: Combine butter/margarine, cinnamon, red pepper, hot sauce and pecans in medium bowl Spread in single layer on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes. Stir once. Cool completely on baking sheet.
- In large salad bowl combine lettuce, apples, cheese and spice pecans. Toss gently.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard and pepper in a jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss gently. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings.