Spring Greens and Polenta
- 4 slices uncooked turkey bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups packed fresh greens, like baby spinach or kale
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Polenta slices
- Cook and stir bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat for 1 minute. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add oregano, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour in broth, stirring to scrape up browned bits from the bacon. Add greens. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile heat oil in another nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add polenta slices; cook 4 minutes per side or until crisp and slightly browned.
- Serve greens over polenta. Makes 4 servings.