Steel Cut Oats and Quinoa Cereal
- 2 cups water or milk
- ½ cup steel cut oats
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dried fruit
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts such as walnuts or pecans
Additional toppings: honey, sliced banana, berries
- In saucepan, stir together water or milk, oats, quinoa, apple, cinnamon, dried fruit and nuts. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered for 20-30 minutes. Note: This can be cooked overnight in a slow cooker. Add 1 cup additional water or milk.
- Serve cereal and add additional toppings, if desired.