Stir-Fried Beef Salad with Mango
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 plums, sliced
- ¼ medium red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups watercress leaves
- ½ cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 scallions, cut into thin slices
- ¼ cup mixed fresh mint and cilantro
- 1 lb. lean steak, such as sirloin
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Ginger-honey salad dressing
- Cut steak into thin strips for stir frying. Place steak in bowl with garlic, sugar and soy sauce. Mix together to season the steak strips.
- Heat a wok or nonstick pan on high heat. Add oil. Add beef and stir-fry until strips are evenly browned.
- In a large shallow serving dish toss together the salad ingredients. Top with the steak strips. Drizzle the top with ginger-honey dressing.
Makes 4 servings.