Strawberry Oat Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup uncooked oat bran cereal
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup natural applesauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup diced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat 36 miniature muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In large bowl stir together flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In smaller bowl whisk together buttermilk, apple juice concentrate, applesauce and vanilla. Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Gently fold in strawberries and pecans, just until moistened. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake 10-13 minutes or golden brown.
- Let cool in pan before removing to cooling rack.
Makes 36 mini muffins.