Stuffed Red Bell Peppers with Brown Rice and Zucchini
- 4 medium red bell peppers
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium zucchini, diced into small pieces
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- ¾ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons vegetable broth
- Slice tops of bell peppers; remove seeds and fibrous portions. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add bell peppers, cover and cook 5 minutes or until bell peppers start to soften. Remove with tongs; drain upside-down on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat large non-stick skillet with non- stick cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion, celery, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Combine rice, zucchini mixture, pine nuts and broth in large bowl. Spoon into bell peppers, about ¾ cup per bell pepper. Transfer to shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes or until hot.