Summer Time Shrimp-Watermelon Salad
- 1 lb. frozen fully cooked medium shrimp, thawed
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups watermelon, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 avocados, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- In large bowl toss together shrimp, onion, watermelon, jalapeno and avocados.
- In small bowl whisk together lime juice, honey, olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle with cilantro. Let flavors blend for a few minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.