Sundried Tomato Dip with Raw Veggies
- 3 ounces sundried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 2 (7-ounce) jars roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- Black pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- Soak dried tomatoes in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of soaking liquid.
- In food processor, process red peppers, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, lemon juice, cilantro and green onion until smooth. Add cream cheese. Process until smooth, adding reserved tomato-soaking liquid to thin the dip to desired consistency. Scrape down the sides of processor with rubber spatula as needed.
- Add pepper and hot sauce. Adjust seasonings, adding more garlic, cumin or lemon juice as needed.
- Serve with cut-up vegetables.
Makes 2½ cups
Note: It can help to fill-up on non-starchy vegetables or a salad at the beginning of a meal.