Sweet Pepper Garlic Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ finely diced yellow onion
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup cubed, peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 3½ cups fat-free, sodium-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnishing
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add potato, bell pepper and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or until potato is easily pierced with a fork. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Place potato-broth mixture in food processor or blender; process until smooth. Refrigerate until completely cool.
- Place cottage cheese and yogurt in food processor or blender; process until smooth. Set aside ¼ cup cheese mixture. Stir remaining cheese mixture into the chilled soup until smooth. Add black pepper; mix well. Top each serving with a spoon of blended cheese-yogurt mixture. Garnish with parsley.
Makes 6 servings.
Note: This soup can be served warm.