Sweet Potato and Apple Salad
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Vegetable cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 medium gala apple, cored and chopped, about 1 cup
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- Lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange sweet potatoes in single layer on baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray; season with half the salt and pepper. Roast 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring halfway through. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk cider, oil, vinegar, mustard, honey and remaining salt and pepper in small bowl until blended.
- Combine sweet potatoes, apple, celery and onion in medium bowl. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on 4 serving plates. Top evenly with sweet potato salad.