Sweet Potato and Turkey Sausage Hash
- 1 (4-ounce) link raw mild or hot turkey Italian sausage
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Remove turkey from casings. Shape into balls the size of grapes. Add to skillet and brown over medium heat, stirring frequently 3-5 minutes. Remove sausage and set aside.
- Spray skillet again. Add onion, bell pepper and sweet potatoes. Add seasonings. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 5-8 minutes or until sweet potato is partially tender.
- Add sausage. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes without stirring, until hash is lightly browned on the bottom.
- To serve, divide between 2 plates.
Makes 2 servings.