Sweet Potato and Wild Rice Stuffing
- 1 cup uncooked wild or brown rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup snipped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup pomegranate arils or seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Cook rice in boiling water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place a 15x10-inch baking pan in oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In large bowl combine sweet potato cubes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the garlic, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Spread potatoes in heated pan. Roast for 25 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring after 10 minutes.
- In serving dish stir together the rice, sweet potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Stir in parsley, green onions and rosemary; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pomegranate arils.