Sweet Potato Minestrone
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium diced yellow onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water or no-salt vegetable broth
- ¾ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups coarsely chopped kale leaves, tightly packed
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large soup pot or Dutch oven. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add potatoes, beans, tomatoes, water or broth, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add kale; cover and cook 10 minutes or until tender. Ladle into soup bowls; top with a sprinkle of cheese.
Makes 4 servings.