Tuscan Turkey Burgers
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley or 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon fresh or ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (ounce) slices asiago or mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 whole-wheat or multi-grain buns
- Coat a large, nonstick skillet or grill pan with cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, combine the turkey breast, parsley, garlic, Parmesan cheese, thyme, vinegar and pepper with your hands. Using a ½-cup measure, form burgers into 4 patties and transfer to a plate. Wash your hands.
- Heat the skillet over high heat and add burgers to the skillet. Cook on each side 5 to 6 minutes, slightly flattening with a spatula. Using a meat thermometer, check that the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese and allow to melt, about 2 minutes. Toast the buns while the cheese is melting.
- Use a spatula to place each burger on a bun. Top with ¼ cup arugula and the condiments of choice.