- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- ¼ cup finely chopped apricots
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 apples, halved and cored
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In prepared pie pan, combined pecans, apricots, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Spread evenly over bottom of pan. Drizzle honey evenly over the top.
- Place the apple halves into the nut mixture cut-side down. Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes or until just tender.
- Place apple halves in serving dish. Spoon equal amounts of nut mixture over apple half. Optional: serve with ice cream.
Makes 4 servings.