Vegetable Penne Salad
- 1 cup whole-grain penne pasta
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- ½ (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cut into thin 2-inch long strips
- 1 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Prepare remaining vegetables and make vinaigrette dressing.
- Drain pasta in colander and run under cool water to cool completely.
- Combine salad ingredients, except feta, in large bowl. Pour dressing over pasta mixture. Toss gently until well blended. Add feta and toss. Let stand 30 minutes to absorb flavors.
Makes 4 servings