- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (28-ounce) can peeled whole tomatoes
- 2/3 cup frozen baby lima beans
- ½ cup canned Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chili powder, cumin, red pepper and oregano. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and beans. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with sour cream and cheese.
Makes 4 servings.