- 1 (6-ounce) can tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup 2% cheese cubes
- ¼ cup frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 whole-grain pita pockets
- 4 lettuce or 12 spinach leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- Place tuna in large bowl; break into chunks with fork. Add carrot, celery, cheese, peas and parsley; toss to blend.
- Pour dressing over tuna mixture; toss lightly to coat.
- Cut pita in half crosswise; gently open. Place lettuce or spinach leaves and tomato slices in each pita half. Divide tuna salad evenly among pia pockets.
Makes 4 servings.
To pack for brown bag lunch, keep tuna salad separate in small container. It can be stuffed into the pita pocket at lunchtime.