Whole-Grain Spaghetti with Pistachio Pesto
- ½ bunch arugula
- ½ bunch parsley
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- Pinch of salt (can omit)
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup pistachio, pumpkin seed or safflower seed oil
- 1 lb. whole-grain spaghetti
- ½ cup pasta water
- 4 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Black arugula and parsley in boiling water for 20 seconds. Immediately place in ice water. Drain and squeeze excess water.
- Place herbs in food processor along with Parmesan cheese, pistachios, salt pepper and oil. Process until broken up but still chunky. Scoop into bowl.
- Bring to boil a large pot of water for the spaghetti. When it comes to a rolling boil, add pasta. Cook for 8-10 minutes. When done, using tongs, place cooked pasta in large sauté pan, along with ½ cup pasta water. Stir in the pesto. Cook for 20 seconds.
- Serve in bowls with side salad.