Zucchini and Spinach Pizza
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (12-inch) whole-wheat prepared pizza crust
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup pizza sauce or leftover homemade spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ small zucchini
- ½ small yellow squash
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush a large baking sheet or pizza pan with oil. Place crust on baking sheet.
- Squeeze spinach until very dry, getting out most of the moisture.
- In mixing bowl stir together the spinach and pizza sauce. Spread evenly over the crust. Top with mozzarella.
- Thinly slice zucchini and yellow squash. Arrange on the top of the pizza. Bake for 20 minutes until bottom of crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven. Sprinkle the top with parsley and pepper flakes.