The program, created and managed by Sentara Healthcare, is offered in partnership with the YMCA of South Hampton Roads. The program is available at the Hilltop and Mount Trashmore Family YMCAs in Virginia Beach. Sentara provides clinical expertise in the development and management of the program. A team of clinical exercise specialists, each with a degree in exercise physiology, offers individualized rehabilitative and preventive services for participating members.
Unique Program Features
- A physician referral and a YMCA of South Hampton Roads membership is required.
- Sentara Clinical Exercise Specialists have more than 32 years of experience in rehabilitative and preventive exercise instruction.
- Each Sentara Clinical Exercise Specialist is a certified Exercise Specialists from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- Staff interacts daily with members, monitoring their exercise program.
- Our membership is predominately middle-aged and older with major medical conditions.
- Each member's exercise program and progress is shared regularly with his or her physician(s).
- We have an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) on site.