Emergency Services at Sentara Independence
Hours: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
If you think you are experiencing signs of a heart attack or stroke, call 911.
When you choose the full-service Emergency Room at Sentara Independence, you can count on...
- 24/7 access to board-certified emergency physicians and quality nurses.
- Skill, caring staff with a focus on outstanding service and a commitment to treating each patient quickly and expertly.
- New family-friendly waiting room that is larger, quieter and more comfortable.
- Private rooms for patient care equipped with new state-of-the-art cardiac monitoring equipment.
- Minor care treatment area designed for quick treatment and release.
- On-site X-Ray, Ultrasound, CT and MRI Imaging services to support our emergency patients' needs.
- Support from local Emergency Medical Services ambulance teams and Nightingale, Sentara's regional air ambulance, for patients needing transfer to a higher level of care.
Sentara Independence has board-certified emergency physicians teaming up with quality nurses and Sentara staff to deliver expert emergency care to residents of the Independence corridor. Our Emergency Room provides a safe and comfortable atmosphere for all patients.
If your needs require a more intense level of care, our skilled staff will provide stabilizing treatment and transfer you to the nearest appropriate hospital. Our campus is also supported by the Nightingale Regional Air Ambulance. Nightingale has transported thousands of critically ill patients to the helping hands of trained medical professionals all over Virginia.
Learn more about emergency service at Sentara.