Awards and Accolades
Sentara Leigh Hospital's distinctions include:
- Magnet Recognition Program® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center® for knee and hip replacement
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center® for spine surgery
- Certified chest pain center with PCI from the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Primary Stroke Center, The Joint Commission
- Accredited echocardiography laboratory, Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories
- Accredited vascular laboratory, Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories
- Sentara Leigh Comprehensive Breast Center, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes Sentara Leigh Hospital's commitment and success in implementing a high standard of care for heart attack patients.
Sentara Leigh Hospital Achieves Magnet® Recognition for Nursing Excellence
Sentara Leigh Hospital received Magnet recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in 2015. ANCC’ s Magnet Recognition Program® identifies superior quality in nursing care and is the highest national honor for nursing excellence. Currently, only approximately seven percent of all U.S. health care hospitals have achieved Magnet recognition. The Magnet Recognition Program® was developed by the ANCC to recognize healthcare organizations that provide nursing excellence and to disseminate successful nursing practices and strategies. The Magnet® program is recognized as the gold standard of nursing excellence. Sentara Leigh Hospital is proud to achieve Magnet recognition, as this credential reinforces our dedication to quality patient care.