Awards and Accolades
Sentara Leigh Hospital's distinctions and accreditations include:
- Magnet Recognition® designation from American Nurses Credentialing Center. ANCC’ s Magnet Recognition Program® identifies superior quality in nursing care and is the highest national honor for nursing excellence (First Designation 2015, Second Designation 2020).
- 100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health (Formerly known as Truven Health Analytics).
- IBM Watson Everest Award. The additional honor is bestowed on those that, in addition to ranking among the top for current performance, also rank among the fastest-improving over five years.
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for 2020 by Healthgrades (ranked in top 2%)
- Grade ‘A’ in Hospital Safety Scores from the Leapfrog Group
- #9 Top Ranked Hospital in Virginia by U.S. News for 2020-2021
- DNV Primary Stroke Center
- DNV NIAHO Hospital Accreditation
- Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Achievement Program Gold Plus Achievement Award. Recognizing demonstration of at least 85 percent compliance in each of the seven Get With The Guidelines®- Stroke Achievement Measures. The Gold Plus award is the highest honor signifying the hospital’s consistent performance for >24 months to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized guidelines.
- American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Gold Receiving Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes Sentara Leigh Hospital's commitment and success in implementing a high standard of care for heart attack patients.
- 2020 Chest Pain MI Registry Silver Performance Award through NCDR and the American College of Cardiology. This award recognizes hospitals participating in the registry who have demonstrated sustained, top level performance in quality of care and adherence to guideline recommendations.
- Accredited echocardiography laboratory, Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories
- Certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation ( AACVPR) for Cardiac Rehab
- Accredited Ultrasound lab, American College of Radiology
- Accredited MRI lab, American College of Radiology
- Sentara Leigh Comprehensive Breast Center, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- Accredited as Virginia’s first Integrated Network Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center® for knee and hip replacement
- Accredited Peripheral Vascular Lab (PVL), Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular: Extracranial Cerebrovascular Testing, Peripheral Arterial Testing, Peripheral Venous Testing, Visceral Vascular Testing.
Sentara Leigh Hospital Achieves Magnet® Recognition for Nursing Excellence
Sentara Leigh Hospital received Magnet recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in 2015. ANCC’ s Magnet Recognition Program® identifies superior quality in nursing care and is the highest national honor for nursing excellence. Currently, only approximately seven percent of all U.S. health care hospitals have achieved Magnet recognition. The Magnet Recognition Program® was developed by the ANCC to recognize healthcare organizations that provide nursing excellence and to disseminate successful nursing practices and strategies. The Magnet® program is recognized as the gold standard of nursing excellence. Sentara Leigh Hospital is proud to achieve Magnet recognition, as this credential reinforces our dedication to quality patient care.