Sentara Heart is at Sentara Obici Hospital, offering quality cardiac care and the latest in advanced cardiac technology in Western Tidewater along with seamless access to Sentara Heart Hospital, nationally ranked for heart care by U.S. News & World Report.
The highly skilled cardiac team provides state-of-the-art diagnostic testing, diagnostic catheterizations, interventional cardiology and rehabilitation, in addition to providing access to open-heart surgery at Sentara Heart Hospital. The emergency room physicians and clinicians work closely with cardiologists and emergency medical staff to facilitate faster treatment by quickly identifying patients’ with emergency cardiac needs.
Why Choose Sentara Obici Hospital For Cardiac Care?
- Leader in providing timely acute cardiac care minimizing Door-To-Balloon time
- Online reporting for non-invasive cardiac testing
- Access to our exclusive Pocket EKG cardiac screening program
- Catheterization lab nurses and technicians are certified Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialists (RCIS)
- Dedicated cardiac team includes board-certified cardiologists who also work at the nationally ranked Sentara Heart Hospital
- Two emergency room locations in Western Tidewater
- Comprehensive diagnostic cardiac testing
- One state-of-the-art catheterization lab
- Dedicated nursing unit for cardiac interventions
- Intensive care unit
- Progressive coronary care unit
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterizations
- Emergent interventional cardiology
- Implantable defibrillators/heart failure devices
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Comprehensive cardiac testing: Electrocardiography (EKG), transesophageal echocardiography (TEE), doppler echo studies, cardiac nuclear medicine procedures, stress tests, tilt table test event or Holter monitor
- Pacemaker Clinic