Sentara Specialty Rehabilitation Center Suffolk
Phone: 757-934-4498 or 757-SENIORS (736-4677)
Location: First floor adjacent to Sentara OrthoJoint Center
The Sentara Specialty Rehabilitation Center brings together skilled orthopedic certified nurses and rehabilitation specialists to help meet the nursing and rehabilitation needs of individuals who aren’t quite ready to return home after surgery.
Eight private rooms (with private bathrooms) are located within Sentara Obici Hospital, eliminating the need to transfer to another facility if that was where the surgery took place – or providing a nice option for recovery for those receiving surgery elsewhere in the Sentara system.
From your stay as an inpatient to your admission as a new Sentara Specialty Rehabilitation Center resident, access to your health information is continuous and constant, thanks to the Sentara electronic medical record system.
Each room is clean and spacious, offering both cable TV and wireless Internet to enjoy during your stay and continued recovery.
Your Care Team
While a resident, you will be supported by a quality team of skilled, trained professionals, all dedicated to helping you in your recovery. Some of these team members include:
- Your day-to-day care as outlined by our physician team will be managed by our skilled SSRC team, with board-certified physicians always accessible if an adjustment to your care plan is needed.
- Skilled sursing
- Orthopedic certified registered nurses
- Licensed practical nurses
- Certified nurses aides
- Skilled rehabilitation
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- In-house pharmacist is available to meet your needs 24-hours a day
- Dedicated social workers offering guidance during your stay
- A registered dietician and chef are on-hand to plan special meals to meet individual dietary needs.
- Activities director
- Additional amenities
If you would like to learn more about Sentara Specialty Rehabilitation Center Suffolk, please visit our dedicated page within the Seniors section of our website.