Residents of Sentara Villages will appreciate the amenities of their new home. These include:
- Coordinated daily activities to ensure residents remain functional, lively and engaged
- Dining and meal preparation services offered on-site
- Daily housekeeping services
- Daily laundry services for personal clothing
- Beauty Salon Services
- Enclosed courtyards with sitting areas and wheelchair-accessible gardens to help residents enjoy the outdoors in a safe and secure environment
Visitors may dine with residents and participate in activities with them as well. We recommend that visitors come between the hours of 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. but we are flexible with these hours based upon individual circumstances. Guest meal tickets can be purchased during normal business hours at the reception center near the lobby. Complimentary self-serve beverages for family and friends are available anytime.
We know that getting together with loved ones is important. We’re happy for you to host a party with your family members to celebrate a birthday or other special event. A room can be reserved at no charge by contacting the receptionist. We ask for at least a 7-day advance notice to ensure no scheduling conflicts. If you would like for us to help with the catering, this service is available, for a nominal fee, by contacting our Food Service Director.
Our two Sentara Villages reside on campuses, each with a Sentara Nursing and Rehabilitation Center next door. This “neighborhood” layout promotes a continuum of care, ensuring an easier transition since the patient is already familiar with the campus should a move to a nursing center be necessary. We also offer activities and therapies designed to exercise brain function for those with memory control needs.