Last updated November 30, 2022
Visitors are important for patient recovery, and we encourage family and friends to visit. We are open 24/7 for visitors, with quiet time after 9 p.m.
The main entrance is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For arrivals outside of these hours, please enter through the Emergency Department.
- All visitors are required to stop at reception, share a photo ID along with their destination, and receive a photo visitor badge.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask and observe social distancing guidelines while inside a Sentara facility, regardless of vaccination status. If they do not have a mask, a mask will be provided.
- Visitors will only be allowed if they do not have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- Visitors will be required to always keep their mask on and must stay in the patient’s room. No food or drink is allowed into the clinical area.
- Visitors must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting patient room.
- Please read the additional safety guidelines if visiting a COVID-19 patient or patient suspected of having COVID-19.
Visitation Policy for COVID-19 patients and PUI of COVID:
- COVID-19 positive and PUI patients will be limited to one (1) designated visitor until the patient is no longer in isolation.
- This includes Labor & Delivery/Family Maternity Center COVID-19 positive patients. Doulas are not included in the visitor count.