The Family Maternity Center at Sentara CarePlex Hospital features seven labor & delivery, recovery and postpartum (LDRP) suites which allow each mother and baby, as well as a spouse, partner or family member, to remain in the mother's private room from the onset of labor until time to go home, with everything they need for a safe and comfortable delivery.
Sentara is the only health system on the Peninsula to offer LDRP suites.
The Family Maternity Center is located on the second floor away from the everyday flow of the hospital to provide a peaceful, comforting environment for mother and and family.
The Center features:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Hospital for Maternity Care (2022-23)
- Ample space and sleeping accommodations for spouse, partner or a family member to spend the night
- A nursery so our compassionate staff can take care of your baby while you rest
- Innovative technology in each suite to keep parents and babies safe and comfortable
- Educational classes for families before, during and after pregnancy
- Two triage beds
- A dedicated C-Section operating room
- Accommodations for doulas
Services include labor and delivery care, postpartum care, a newborn nursery, breastfeeding, gynecology and women’s health classes.