Sentara Healthcare – and its health plans, Optima Health and Virginia Premier – has launched a new model of care designed to facilitate access to care and improve the health and wellness of the communities we serve. Through this initiative, we will work in and with the community to dismantle barriers to healthcare services and provide greater levels of access to vital community resources.
Sentara Community Care was created to transform the healthcare delivery system for our communities with the greatest need for care throughout Virginia and Northeastern North Carolina. This innovative model of care will integrate primary care and behavioral health services and will focus on addressing the root factors that greatly influence a person's health and well-being beyond the care that we deliver inside of our medical facilities.
Sentara developed this new model of care through a community-driven approach, utilizing feedback from community and faith-based leaders to better identify and understand the community's needs and establishing partnerships to support them. This holistic care model enables us to address both health and social needs by delivering high-touch care directly to the communities that need it most.
Learn more about Sentara Community Care Centers and Sentara Mobile Care offerings in the communities we serve:
Potential services will include:
- Comprehensive primary care, pediatric care, and behavioral health services (in-person and virtual)
- Assistance with virtual care appointments
- Care management and preventative care services
- Coaching and educational services
- Food security and nutrition education
- Transportation assistance
- Insurance recertification and/or benefit enrollment
- Community partners that support healthy living
**Services will vary by location. Contact Sentara Community Care at 757-388-1830 for additional information regarding scheduling and services.