Volunteers are special people who donate their time and effort to the patients, families and staff of Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital. For more than 70 years the hospital has benefited from the generosity of volunteers.
- Ambulatory/outpatient surgery/Endoscopy
- Clerical support
- Customer service
- Gift shop
- Golf Cart Shuttle
- ICU/Surgical family room
- Information desk
- Mail and newspapers
- TLC (crafts and sewing)
In addition to the feelings of accomplishment and joy that come from helping others, volunteers at Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital receive:
- A meal voucher during shift of duty
- Free flu shots annually
- TB test prior to start date
- Annual recognition events
Want to join our team? Members must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete a membership application which includes a criminal background check and interview
- Participate in a two day orientation program
- Complete on-the-job training
Junior Volunteer Program
Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital's Junior Volunteer program is an opportunity for motivated and energetic high school students between the ages of 14 and 18 to experience work in a healthcare facility. Individuals wishing to apply must be able to provide their own transportation and be willing to volunteer at least one four-hour shift per week. Download an application form.
If you are interested in learning more about volunteering with Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital call 434-517-3422.