Applications will become available online in February 2022.
Junior Volunteers must be at least 14 years old on or before June 1 and complete the 8th grade by the end of June, with a “C” or better average.
Junior Volunteer Requirements
Applicants must comply with the requirements listed below.
- Complete a junior volunteer application
- In-person interview with volunteer coordinator
- Complete employee health requirements
- Copy of most recent grades
- Attend a one-time orientation session
- Copy of childhood immunizations
- Annual training (e.g., confidentiality agreement) for returning junior volunteers
Summer Junior Program
Sentara Leigh Hospital offers a structured summer junior volunteer program that aims to offer middle school and high school students an opportunity to volunteer in a hospital setting and learn about the healthcare environment from staff and other volunteers. There are a wide variety of volunteer positions available. Please contact the Volunteer Office at 757-261-8085 to receive the most up to date information on Sentara Leigh’s Summer Junior Volunteer Program.