Sentara values people, quality, safety, service and integrity. The Sentara patient-centered care philosophy recognizes the perspectives of patients and their families as a valuable resource to fulfilling our mission, values and vision.
Our Patient & Family Advisory Councils (PFACs) represent a community partnership, built by developing and nurturing an ongoing relationship. Sentara encourages the involvement of patients and families in shaping our healthcare services, and we invite you to join us!
Share Your Voice
Sentara is proud to provide volunteer opportunities and support across our system through our Patient & Family Advisory Councils. Members of these councils commit their time, efforts and talents to serve as a voice of our community on a variety of healthcare programs and projects. Working together we support our mission "to improve health every day."
Who Would Make a Good PFAC Member?
Someone who can...
- be a good listener
- respect others' perspectives
- be interested in more than one component of healthcare
- see beyond his or her own experiences
- show genuine compassion and concern for the well-being of others
- interact well with a variety of people with diverse backgrounds
- be a good partner
- have realistic expectations
For more information please call: 757-261-8085